- Don't go too early (amateur rider? aim for 250m or 15s sprint). This happens to me all the time. In fact the closest I ever been of wining a bunch sprint in a race (although it was to get second) I screwed it because I went too early
- Chose the right gear (don't change gear midway to the sprint, you lose power). Another common mistake of mine. I tend to start with a gear that makes me difficult to get momentum.
- Commit to your sprint (no pacing, it's a flat out effort). I don't have problems with this one. I go and I go.
- Bring your bike to your feet (you'll have to watch the video to understand this one). Another problem of mine. The climber wannabe on me sprints as Mark says you should not.
- Keep low. One big mistake of mine, in fact in occasions I even have sprinted on the hoods.
Five tips and I do wrong in four of them. Certainly there is room for improvement.
Javier Arias González